Porting your number over is an easy process and it all happens when you activate your nu SIM.
What you’ll need:
- Access to the number you’re trying to port at the time of activation (more info about that here);
- For pre-paid: date of birth (DOB) of the account holder from the account you’re porting from.
- For post-paid: Account reference number (ARN) of the account holder (usually found on your bill from your previous provider).
Once you have all your information ready, follow the below steps!
- Log in via the My Account portal and click the button to ‘Activate your SIM’.
- Enter your details.
- Please restart your phone for the activation to complete once you receive the notification saying that your numobile SIM is now active.
In some cases, porting your number from your current provider can take up to 48 hours, it depends on:
- who your current service provider is; and
- the type of service you’re porting from (i.e. pre-paid or post-paid).
If your number hasn’t ported within 48 hours, or you have received a notification that something has gone wrong, please get in touch with our customer service team.
Can’t find your ARN?
The best thing to do would be to get in touch with your current provider and ask them for it. Don’t worry about canceling your previous account though – we’ll do that for you as we may not be able to port your number if your previous account has already been canceled.
Don’t have a SIM card?
If you bought a phone and SIM plan from us, you should have received the SIM card with your phone. If you didn’t get one or have misplaced yours, – get in touch with us and we’ll get one over to you as soon as we can.
Don’t have access to the number you need to port?
You can still initiate the process of a port (by going to activate your SIM via the My Account portal), but you will need to provide a reason why you don’t have access to that number, and we will need to verify your identity with at least two forms of ID before we can process the port. You can have a look at what forms of ID we accept here.